Weekly Police report

At 5:40am on Saturday morning police responded to reports of a violent altercation on Selheim St in Richmond Hill involving a number of persons.

A 24-year-old woman was arrested and charged with unlawful wounding and assault occasioning bodily harm.

It’s alleged the woman produced a knife, cutting one victim on the hand and giving another minor cuts to the arm.

She was transferred to Townsville Magistrates Court where she was remanded in custody to reappear on March 21.


Early on Saturday morning a 24-year-old female was arrested for public nuisance on Gill St.

Police claim she was walking and yelling profanities loudly.

She was asked to stop by police but continued and was later arrested.

She’ll appear in Charters Towers Magistrate Court on February 22.


Later that morning a 36-year-old Charters Towers man was pulled over by police for a random breath test.

The man, driving a Nissan Navara Ute, blew 0.137, over two and a half times the legal limit.

He was charged with high-range drink driving and will appear in Charters Towers Magistrate Court on March 7.


On Saturday a Felix St homeowner reported their dog had been stolen from a yard while they were at work during the day.

Police currently have no leads but are asking for anyone with information to contact them.


On Saturday night police received reports of four men running along Bridge St naked.

When approached by police the men ran off into a nearby garden where they were located by police.

The 17, two 18 and 19-year-old’s were all fined $353 for public nuisance.


At 6pm on Saturday night a 43-year-old Gordonvale woman was stopped by police on New Queen Rd.

The woman was driving an unregistered and uninsured Holden Ute and was fined $847 in total.


At 8pm on Saturday night a 28-year-old Townsville man was intercepted on Gill St and charged with unlicensed driving.

Four hours later the same man was caught driving again, on Millchester Rd.

Police immobilised his car for seven days and he will appear in Charters Towers Magistrate Court on February 22.

His license was suspended for unpaid SPER fines.