Weekly Police Report

policeA Bluff rd residence was broken into between 6:40pm and 7pm on Tuesday night with a mobile phone and personal belongings stolen.

The intruder allegedly entered and exited through a rear door of the property before searching the inside rooms.

Several items of clothing were also taken from the property.

Police are still investigating the matter and ask anyone with information to contact crimestoppers or the station.


Between 12:30pm on Sunday and 9am on Tuesday the Family Christian Church on Gill st was targeted in an attempted break in.

Unknown offenders attempted to enter a store room but were unsuccessful.

No property was stolen from the church but damage was caused in the attempt.

Police are still investigating the matter and ask for public assistance.


Police are investigating a confectionery theft from a Gill st petrol station on Monday night.

At approximately 6:15pm it was reported that a female customer had hidden goods on her body before leaving the store.

The women proceeded to drive away without paying.

Police are examining CCTV footage to identify the offender and the car involved.


A 21-year-old Charters Towers woman has been issued a notice to appear for driving whilst on a disqualified license.

During a routine traffic stop on Mahony st at approximately 1:45am last Thursday morning police intercepted the Toyota Landcruiser.

Later checks found the driver’s license had been SPER suspended and she will appear in Charters Towers Magistrate Court on May 3.


A 40-year-old Charters Towers man was caught driving whilst unlicensed on Saturday afternoon.

At approximately 4:30pm police stopped the man driving a Mitsubishi station wagon on the Gregory Developmental rd.

Subsequent checks found the man to be driving without a license and his vehicle was immobilised for 90 days.

He will appear in Charters Towers Magistrate Court on May  16.


Officers from the Charters Towers police road unit intercepted a Ford Sedan on Thompson st at 6:45pm on Tuesday.

The driver was administered a random breath and drug test of which the drug test returned a positive reading.

As a result the driver was taken to Charters Towers hospital for secondary blood tests.

The driver was suspended from driving for 24 hours and prosecution may commence upon the return of the specimen from testing in Brisbane.