Break in and money theft
1. Police are investigating a break in to a house in Tiernay Street Charters Towers where a sum of money was stolen between 8.10am and 8.30pm on 19/11/2015.
Kindergarten break in
2. The Kutjala Kindergarten and Playgroup in Bennett Street was broken into between 3pm and 7.40pm on Sunday night 22/11/2015 and a quantity of property stolen including electronic equipment and Christmas decorations.
Mount Isa man charged with multiple arson offences
3. Joshua Mark Holdsworth , 34 years of Mount Isa was arrested and charged with one count of endangering buildings by fire after setting fire to grass at a number of locations adjacent to the railway track east of Charters Towers on Sunday morning. He was located by police at Gladstone Creek and arrested. He appeared in Townsville Magistrates Court on Monday and was remanded in custody to reappear on 19/1/2016. Earlier that morning he had been located in Charters Towers after he had allegedly driven from Hughenden whilst his license was suspended. He was issued with 2 Notices to Appear for those offences and his vehicle was impounded for 90 days.
4. A number of thefts have occurred around the city in the last week. A mobile phone was stolen from a room of a hotel in Mosman Street at about 7.30am on 21 November. A table lamp was stolen from an accommodation provider in Mosman Street between 18 and 24 November. Money was stolen from a mobile phone case in a supermarket at about midday on 24 November and the phone discarded which fortunately was returned to the owner by diligent staff.
5. The occupants of a stolen vehicle stole fuel from a Gill Street Service Station at about 10am yesterday before driving off. The grey Mitsubishi Outlander was stolen from Cairns in the early hours of Thursday morning and was located in Gulliver, Townsville at about midnight.